Mission and Goals
To support the Institution of Fire Engineers in its efforts to promote, encourage and improve the science and practice of fire extinction, fire prevention and fire engineering, and all operations and expedients connected therewith, and to give an impulse to ideas likely to be useful in connection with or in relation to such science and practice to the members of the Institution and the community at large.
In furtherance of the above object and ancillary to it, the U.S. Branch may:
- Enable members to meet, correspond, and facilitate the interchange of ideas respecting the improvements in the various branches of the said science and the publication and communication of information on such subjects and to coordinate and encourage groups within the U.S. Branch.
- Do all other things incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above, or any of them.
- Do all in its power to prepare and produce suitable candidates for membership in the Institution as requisite and to encourage and assist members to attain their personal and professional goals.
- To conduct or act as an outlet for research that will further the science and practice of fire extinction, fire prevention and fire engineering, and all operations connected therewith.
- Promote the mission of the IFE through greater awareness across the United States of America and increased involvement of U.S. fire service personnel at all levels – from student to senior executive – and in all functions.
- Engage and interact with the governing body of the IFE through appropriate participation in debate and decisions so as to strengthen the Institution and the U.S. Branch.
- Foster and facilitate a comprehensive national strategy for fire prevention by unifying fire prevention efforts through focused efforts to collectively and effectively address the fire problem in the United States.
- Foster and facilitate research concerning technologies that prevent and suppress hostile fire; effect safe escape from hostile fire; and reduce the risk, workload, morbidity and mortality among fire combat personnel.
- Foster and facilitate the convocation of U.S. Branch members at least annually to disseminate information, debate issues, exchange ideas, and conduct the business of the Branch.